Keeping Music in the Schools
Our goal is simple: “keeping music in the schools”. The Petaluma Music Festival Board of Directors believe passionately in the positive influence of music in children’s lives. Proceeds from this annual event will be distributed among Petaluma’s public elementary and secondary schools to provide funding for their music programs. Funding for the arts is problematic in California, as there is never enough funding for all our school’s needs. With your attendance, you are making a difference, and we applaud you!
In 2018, the Petaluma Music Festival donated over $60,000 to the music programs in all Petaluma area public schools, and in the last 11 years, we have donated over $325,000!
The following schools received proceeds from the 2018 Festival:
- The Elementary Schools in the Petaluma, Old Adobe and Waugh School Districts
- Two Rock, Wilson, Liberty, Dunham, and Cinnabar Elementary Schools
- Live Oak Charter School, River Montessori Charter School, and Mary Collins School at Cherry Valley
- Petaluma and Kenilworth Junior High Schools
- Petaluma and Casa Grande High Schools